Wednesday, November 14, 2007

The A-Rod saga continues....

Just when you thought it was over, A-rod speaks. Alex issued a statement on his website...

"After spending time with Cynthia and my family over these last few weeks, it became clear to me that I needed to make an attempt to engage the Yankees regarding my future with the organization.

Prior to entering into serious negotiations with other clubs, I wanted the opportunity to share my thoughts directly with Yankees' ownership. We know there are other opportunities for us, but Cynthia and I have a foundation with the club that has brought us comfort, stability and happiness.

As a result, I reached out to the Yankees through mutual friends and conveyed that message. I also understand that I had to respond to certain Yankees concerns, and I was receptive and understanding of that situation.

Cynthia and I have since spoken directly with the Steinbrenner family. During these healthy discussions, both sides were able to share honest feelings and hopes with one another, and we expect to continue this dialogue with the Yankees over the next few days."

(giggles at all the mentions of cynthia)


There are so many theories running through my mind right now. One is that the grass simply was'nt greener on the other side and this is a whole backpeddling scheme to cover up that there is no bigger offer out there. OR Alex doesnt want to look like a dick to all the fans if in fact he does return or well...just in general. OR this is all a media hype on his end to make other teams think that the Yankees are still in the mix and that they need to up the ante. I'm going with all of the above.

A part of me dispises this man as a ball player. The other part really respects his skills as an athlete ( yeah yeah, not the October athlete.) I wouldnt really mind if he came back to the team ( you have to admit that it was pretty amazing everytime he hit a homer during this past season, every game was another shot at greatness for him.), but can I really cheer for him at a game whole heartedly? Can I ignore that same gut instinct I had about this guy the whole time he was on the Yanks that would never allow myself to buy his jersey or t-shirt? I'm not sure. But the bottom line is him coming back for some ridiculous amount of money is out of the question. I hate myself for even wanting to say 200M would be ok (stomach churning).

We should be spending the money on Cabrera or any decent pitcher out there. But then again we are talking about the Yankees, the real big show.

Something told me it wasnt over w Alex. If he does come back, I'm thinking hes going to have to prove himself to us all over again. Lord knows we didnt make it easy the first time around.

2 comments:

Supramaxx said...

I posted my opinion on this issue in my MySpace blog.

I agree with your opinion, its difficult to discern what exactly Alex is up to.

here let me cut and paste:

10 years/280 million = Insanity....no one deserves this kind of money especially a manipulative son of a bitch. Even if it was Scott Boras' fault.

Drama is defined by the relationship of Alex Rodriguez and the Yankees. I hated A-Rod after he opted out of his contract, its sort of like when you break up with a significant other after a long relationship, your feelings are so mixed you don't know what to feel. On one hand I feel that Alex (or at least Scott Boras) should never be forgiven and always hated for what they did for what he did, on the other hand he was my favorite player, he shares my last name, he is arguably the greatest hitter of this generation ...still its extremely confusing.

Alex for 10/280 is insane, honestly if I were Hank Steinbrenner or Brian Cashman I would not do it. But they run the team....not me.

The Yankees will be criticized, hated and scrutinized now more than ever, and history will be a testament, just because of the greatest hitter of this generation, Alex Emmanuel Rodriguez.

Get ready for the eternal stream of hate Yankee fans, Get ready!

Thanks ALEX!

PERSONAL OPINION ON SCOTT BORAS:

All this drama just confirms that Scott Boras is a Machiavellian Parasite, and a despicable human being. I knew that Alex deep in his heart never wanted to opt out of his contract, but that conniving power hungry egoistical son of a bitch Scott Boras manipulated him to do it and make him an enemy to all Yankees. I always knew Alex wasnt a bad person, but he was always easily manipulated by the evil Scott Boras, whatever there is no use of complaining its done. Scott Boras is one of the most despicable men in the universe.

the one and only said...

arod is a faggot!!!! i love how he came crawling back to the yankees after he realized that no other team would pay that insane amount of money for him. so he decided to go back to the only team that has a couple hundred million to burn like the yankees. dont get me wrong i love arod, especially after the season he had last year (even though he still did dick in the playoffs) but i feel that he opted out of his contract just to see how much bigger his ego could get when he had all these teams fighting over him. too bad no one wanted him. and im happy the yankees wont deal with boras because he is a blood sucking leach.
mwah