Tuesday, November 6, 2007

LA must be a nice place....for rejects.

I must admit that at first I was shocked by the news that Joe Torre was going to be the Dodgers new manager. I mean the Dodgers? Really? That's gonna be fun for Joe. He couldn't win with MVP's. Is he going to win with a bunch of losers? We shall see. Don't get me wrong, I think Joe did a wonderful job for a number of years with the Yankees,but the last few of those years we watched him make lazy mistakes. It was time for new blood and we finally got it.

Torre said Don Mattingly and Larry Bowa will accompany him from New York as two members of his coaching staff in Los Angeles. Mattingly lost out to Joe Girardi for the Yankees' managerial job.

Mattingly may be the team's hitting coach, according to a source cited by 1050 ESPN New York's Andrew Marchand.

Mattingly was the Yankees' bench coach under Torre last season. He was the hitting coach for three seasons before that.

Bowa told Marchand that he'll be with the Dodgers, either as Torre's bench coach or third base coach. He was the Yankees' third-base coach last season.


I love Donny. Growing up he was my baseball idol. He played first base and so did I. He had a mustache. An awesome one at that. How could you not love Donny? But we did make the right decision not making him our manager. We dont need lovable. We need bite. We need grrrrrr. Girardi looks like he would choke a bitch. And I like it ;)

1 comment:

Supramaxx said...

I agree, I really thought Joe Torre was going to retire, it hurts to see him go, but its time for a change.